Nothing is better than some warm chocolate chip cookies to brighten any afternoon! Elevate the dimensional flavors of chocolate with this coffee infused recipe! You will never go back to the original cookie recipe!
- ½ c. + 3 tbsp. unsalted butter* (150g)
- ¾ c. light brown sugar (150g)
- ¼ c. + 1 tbsp. granulated sugar (60g)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk*
- 2 tsp. strongly brewed PapaNicholas Vanilla Nut Creme Ground Coffee
- 1 ¾ c. all purpose flour (210g)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. PapaNicholas Vanilla Nut Creme Ground Coffee
- 1 ¼ c. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (210g)
*indicates ingredient should be at room temperature before starting
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
2. Add in both sugars, and whisk until combined.
3. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and strongly brewed coffee until well combined.
4. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coffee grounds. Fold the mixture together with a rubber spatula until almost all of the flour has been incorporated.
5. Add in the chopped chocolate, and fold just until no flour streaks remain.
6. Cover the dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. Use a 3 tbsp. cookie scoop to dish out the cookies, leaving at least 2” between each cookie to allow room for spreading.
9. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start to turn golden brown.
10. Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, you can take a bowl that is slightly larger than the cookies and swirl it around over the cookies to make them a little more uniform and circular.
Serve and enjoy with some friends! Don’t forget to snap a pic & #papanicholascoffee