- 1 ½ c. all purpose flour (180g)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. Dutch process cocoa powder (64g)
- 4 oz. freshly brewed PapaNicholas Chocolate Raspberry espresso (120g)
- ¾ c. vegetable oil (150g)
- 1 c. granulated sugar (200g)
- 2 eggs*
- 2/3 c. sour cream *(150g)
*indicates ingredient should be at room temperature before starting
- 1 ½ c. unsalted butter (340g)
- ¼ c. freeze dried raspberries, crushed (30g)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 c. powdered sugar (480g)
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. chocolate chips, melted (85g)
Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line a muffin tin with 12 parchment liners.
Step 1: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and freshly brewed espresso.
Step 3: Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes, then whisk in the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, and sour cream until well combined.
Step 4: Add in the flour mixture, and whisk together just until no flour streaks remain.
Step 5: Distribute the cupcake batter evenly between the 12 liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, freeze dried raspberries, and salt until combined.
Step 2: Add in half of the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Then, beat in the rest of the powdered sugar.
Step 3: Slowly pour in the heavy cream while mixing the frosting, only using enough to achieve a pipeable frosting consistency.
Step 4: Once the cupcakes have cooled, transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with your tip of choice. Frost the cupcakes, then garnish with a small amount of melted chocolate and fresh raspberries if desired.
Serve and Enjoy! Don’t forget to snap a pic & tag #papanicholascoffee